Pre-ordering for pick up at Northview Church (Binford Market location) & other winter market info
Bowater's Farm will be taking pre-orders for pick up this coming Saturday (Nov.20th) at the Northview Church parking lot. You may also order Hidden Pond Farm and Abington Meadows products through my website for pick up this Sat. Please get your orders in by Thursday night so I can spend Friday preparing them. I am planning to be at Northview Church from 9:30am-10:30am & I am looking for feedback as to whether or not this window of time works for everyone because I can be flexible with it if many people prefer a different time. You can see everything available on my website but I thought it might be nice to be able to see a list as well for a quick look and I've included some suggestions and recipes. Please send an email to email@example.com to reserve pork shoulders, whole chickens, chicken leg quarters, or bone-in chicken breasts & you can pay on site as I can't take pre-order payment until weight is determined. In the future I may have these already available online with weights & pre-payment available. Thank you & I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!
If you prefer to go straight to online ordering click here:
Available to order:
Bowater's Farm Pastured Pork (non-gmo):
- Plain Ground Pork - 1 lb. ( I love this for making Egg Roll in a Bowl )
- Ground Hot Breakfast Sausage - 1 lb. (My favorite! Makes the BEST sausage gravy & is so good mixed with ground beef for meatloaf, chili, meatballs, etc.) This recipe is so good, all of the sides get browned and crispy, yum! Mini Skillet Meatloaves
- Ground Chorizo - 1 lb. ( I use this in quesadillas or with fried potatoes and eggs. It is also great mixed with ground beef for burgers! )
- Pork Shoulder (avg. 2-3 lbs) ( Great for pulled pork sandwiches, or shredded pork tacos, burritos, etc.
- Pork Fat (wt. varies) Render your own lard in a crockpot, it's easy! So delicious for frying eggs, potatoes, making pie crust, etc. I like to mix butter and lard for frying my potatoes. Did you know pastured lard is high in vitamin D? You can read more about the benefits of cooking with lard here: Pastured Lard is Healthy
More pork cuts & sausages available around the end of December!
Hidden Pond Farm Pastured Chicken (non-gmo):
- Whole Chickens (avg. 6-8 lbs) ( I usually cook mine in the crockpot for 6-8 hrs on low on top of a quartered onion with spices like garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, depends on what I will use it for. After I debone the chicken I throw the bones and skin back in the crockpot with a 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar & fill to top with filtered water. Cook on low for 24-48 hrs., strain and freeze in portions for handy chicken broth you can use for recipes. SO much cheaper and healthier than buying store bought. Shredded chicken is handy for adding to pasta or rice, making bbq sandwiches, adding to quesadillas, burritos or tacos, etc.
- Chicken Leg Quarters (2-pack)
- Chicken Breasts ( Bone-In 2-pack)
Bowater's Farm Pastured Chicken Eggs
- One dozen eggs (due to high demand & early reservations I cannot guarantee I will have any eggs available this Saturday. I've taken them off of pre-order on site because I don't know how many eggs I will end up with by Saturday. I'm guessing I will have 2-3 dozen left after fulfilling what has already been reserved)
Bowater's Farm Botanics & Brews Loose Leaf Herbal Tea Blends
These are like a true hug in a mug and also make great stocking stuffers! Handcrafted & blended using only organic and/or chemical free ingredients. Drink to your health and stay warm & cozy this winter! I have a few seasonal varieties available now as well including Autumn Apple, Pumpkin Spice Chai, & Winter Solstice. Age Defy Chaga Chai, Winter Solstice, & Longevity are 3 blends available that have medicinal mushrooms in them for added health benefits but they do not taste like mushroom when you drink them. Check these out & more on the website.
Hidden Pond Farm Ferments & Tonics :
- Krauts (Sweet onion dill on a hamburger is to die for!)
- Kim Chi (SO good on grilled cheese!)
- Kombucha (I'm addicted to the fizziness! Ginger, Grape & Pineapple are my favorites)
- Beet Kvass (detox, good for your liver, I love the dill...it is so garlicky!)
- Fermented BBQ sauce & ketchup (made w/honey so no sugar or high fructose corn syrup)
- Super Tonic (Anti-inflammatory, great for immune support, very spicy.....I like mine mixed in with the beet kvass)
- Honey Turmeric Super Tonic
Abington Meadow Syrups:
- Elderberry Syrup (packed with antioxidants & vitamins & known to help prevent & ease cold & flu symptoms)
- Hawthorn Berry Syrup (heart health tonic)
- Juneberry Syrup ( Juneberry fruits are rich in vitamins A, C, and E as well as essential minerals, such as iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, and copper & are also full of fiber, protein, flavonoids, and antioxidants. Read more here: Juneberries go where blueberries can't
- Honey Berry Syrup ( Honey Berries contain significant sources of potassium, calcium, phosphorous, and iron. They have twice the Vitamin A and four times the Vitamin C as Blueberries. Honeyberries have anti-inflammatory properties, are good for the eyes, fight against colon cancer, and have cardiovascular benefits.)
I will have a limited quantity of extra products with me for purchase for anyone who didn't pre-order but cannot guarantee any specific item.
Find other winter market locations and dates here: Winter Markets info & dates